- About AFT CT
- Professional Development
Education benefits for our union members and their families
- AFT Connecticut Scholarships (Application Deadline: April 1, 2014)
The AFT Connecticut Scholarship Selection Committee awards two scholarships each year:
- The George C. Springer Scholarship is for AFT Connecticut members; and
- The AFT Connecticut Scholarship is for members' spouses or domestic partners or children of members.
- Union Plus Scholarships (Application Deadline: January 31, 2014)
For more than 20 years, the Union Plus Scholarship program has supported working families pursuing post-secondary education. Amounts range from $500 to $4,000, and these one-time cash awards are for study beginning in the Fall each year.
- AFT Robert G. Porter Scholars Program (Applications Closed for 2013)
This program offers four-year, $8,000 post-secondary scholarships to students who are dependents of AFT members, as well as one-time $1,000 grants to AFT members. A mix of national AFT contributions and voluntary contributions from AFT affiliates, members and friends make the scholars program possible.