- About AFT CT
- Professional Development
"Living the Legacy"
The AFT Women’s Rights Committee presents “Living the Legacy Awards” to AFT women members who have:
- Provided leadership and demonstrated interest in issues of women’s rights
- Maintained multiple decades of involvement in local, state and national AFT affiliates
- Worked in the trade union movement
- Acted as mentors, coaches and role models for other women
- Earned recognition as a leader in her own community
These awards are presented at three levels of recognition: Silver (30 years of service), Gold (40 years of service), and Diamond (50 years of service).
You may nominate more than one individual from your local in as many categories as you wish. However, an individual may receive only one award for any service category per convention.
Please fill out and return the nomination form by June 15, 2012.
All nominations should be mailed or faxed to:
Living the Legacy Awards
AFT Human Rights and Community Relations Department
555 New Jersey Ave. N.W.
Washington, DC 20001
If you have any questions, please call Connie Cordovilla at 800-238-1133, ext. 4434.