- About AFT CT
- Professional Development
AFT Connecticut 2016 Convention
Date:Sat, 05/21/2016 - 8:00am - 2:00pm
The 69th AFT Connecticut Annual Business Convention will convene on Saturday, May 21 promptly at 9:00AM. Registration will open at 8:00AM followed by a buffet breakfast at 8:15AM.
Final agenda is linked below - speakers include AFT President Randi Weingarten. This year's Convention will also feature both a "silent auction" to benefit the AFT COPE Federal PAC and a raffle to benefit the United Labor Agency's "Labor of Love" backpack program for students in need.
- March 21 - submission of PROPOSED AMENDMENTS, other than those related to dues, to the AFT Connecticut Constitution
- April 1 - submission of NOMINATIONS for the Joseph H. Soifer Award and the Unionist of the Year
- April 21 - submission of DUES-RELATED PROPOSED AMENDMENTS to the AFT Connecticut Constitution
- April 29 - submission of RESOLUTIONS for consideration by Convention delegates
- May 11 - submission of local unions’ DELEGATE, CREDENTIAL and GUEST forms (included in convention packet below)
NOTE: Local union dues to AFT Connecticut must be paid through at least April, 2016 in order for their delegates to be seated. See additional pertinent language from the AFT Connecticut Convention, included in convention packet linked below.
Aqua Turf Club
556 Mulberry StreetPlantsville, CT